Here are the Reading Challenge details:
Each month, a new post dedicated to the HF Challenge will be created. To participate, you only have to follow the rules:
- Everyone can participate! If you don't have a blog you can post a link to your review if it's posted on Goodreads, Facebook, or Amazon, or you can add your book title and thoughts in the comment section if you wish.
- Add the link(s) of your review(s) including your name and book title to the Mister Linky we’ll be adding to our monthly post (please use the direct URL that will guide us directly to your review)
- Any sub-genre of historical fiction is accepted (Historical Romance, Historical Mystery, Historical Fantasy, Young Adult, History/Non-Fiction, etc.)
20th Century Reader - 2 books
Victorian Reader - 5 books
Renaissance Reader - 10 books
Medieval - 15 books
Ancient History - 25 books
Prehistoric - 50+ books
To join the challenge you only need to make a post about it, add your link in Mr. Linky below or just leave a link to your blog if you are not yet ready to post about it yet. If you don't have a blog you can just leave a comment for this post saying that you are joining, and link to your Facebook, Goodreads or other social media page where you will be sharing your reviews.
The challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st, 2018.
Please share about the Reading Challenge to your fellow friends and readers using the hashtag below!
If you have any questions or comments please leave a comment on this post or email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The Muse of Fire by Carol M. Cram- Drama at the Theatre in 19th Century London.
2. The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck- Post WWII Germany and the women who resisted.
3. A Certain Age- A love triangle and a mystery in Jazz Age New York City.
4. A Peculiar Courtship- A Spy Regency Romance, 2nd book in the Beckett Files.
5. The Phantom's Apprentice- Retelling of The Phantom of the Opera with Christine taking center stage.
6. The Atomic City Girls- The story of four people working in Oak Ridge during WWII.
7. By Love Divided-family ties during the English Civil War.
8. Catarina's Ring- the shared story of grandmother and granddaughter between the present and early 20th century Italy and NYC.
9. Courage Between Love and Death- Retelling of President McKinley's assassination from the point of view of a nurse at the Pan-Am Expo in Buffalo, NY.
10. Cleopatra Unconquered- An alternate history from Cleopatra's birth and if she and Marc Antony had won the battle of Actium.
11. River Rising- Time travel adventure to the Johnstown Flood.
12. My Dear Hamilton- Eliza Hamilton's story through the Revolutionary War and into the new century.
13. Come From Away- Historical romance about Canada's role in WWII and the U-Boats on Nova Scotia's shore.
14. Owen: Book One of the Tudor Trilogy- Historical Fiction of Owen Tudor's life and his family lineage.
15: The Deadliest Sport- Historical Mystery set in First Century CE, Alexandria
16. Trouble in Glamour Town- Murder Mystery in 1920's Hollywood
17. Cocoa Beach- Mystery and Romance set between WWI and the Prohibition Era.
18. To Love A Spy- Regency Spy Romance set during the Napoleonic Wars
19. All The Ever Afters- The Untold Story of Cinderella's Stepmother- Cinderella's Stepmother's story set in Medieval England.
20. The Underground River- The Underground Railroad upon a Floating River Theatre in 1838.
21. The Lost Vintage- A dual-time story of the French Resistance and collaborators during WWII.
22. Secrets of the Island- Twins returning from World War II dig through their family's history.
23. What Blooms From Dust- Historical fiction blended with magical realism during the Dust Bowl in Nowhere, Oklahoma.
24. A Hangman For Ghosts- Historical mystery set in Australia's penal colony in 1829.
25. The Romanov Empress- Historical Fiction about the life of Maria Feodorova, Tsarina of Russia.
26. Blood and Ink- Historical Fiction about Kit Marlowe and William Shakespeare in Tudor England.
27. The Memory Tree- Time Travel Adventure to 1918 with the Carson Family. Book 2 in the Carson Chronicles.
28. The Locksmith's Daughter- Historical Thriller about a female spy for Sir Francis Walsingham in Tudor England.
29. A Tangled Ruse- A Regency Spy Romance in 19th Century Scotland, book 4 of the Beckett Files
30. Tiffany Blues- Historical mystery set in the Jazz Age surrounding artists at Louis Comfort Tiffany's Laurelton Hall.
31. The Phantom Tree- Time Travel romance surrounding Mary Seymour in Tudor England.
32. The Secret of the Irish Castle- The third book of the Deverill Chronicles, a family saga from 1939-1952.
33. I Am Mrs. Jesse James- The story of Zee Mimms, wife of Jesee James.
34. The Silver Shoes- Dual time story between the present day and 1929-30.
35. Witch Dance- Dual time story of missing children from the Bynum Mounds between the Hopewell tribes and present day.
36. The Promise of Tomorrow- Historical romantic suspense
37. When the Men Were Gone- Historical fiction of Tylene Wilson, a female football coach during WWII.
38. Stanley & Hazel- Murder mystery in 1930's St. Louis.
39. The Devil's Grin- Murder Mystery in Victorian London
40. The Promise of Tomorrow- Historical romantic suspense
41. The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter- The story of Grace Darling
42. The Game of Hope- Hortense de Beauharnais' teen years after the French Revolution
43. The Girl They Left Behind- Story of a Jewish girl who survived the Bucharest Pogroms, WWII in Romania and the Iron Curtain.
44. Miami Days, Havana Nights- Dual time story of the Jewish mob in Florida.
45. Temptation Rag- The story of how Ragtime music grew and the musicians that brought it to the masses.
46. A Light of Her Own- The story of Judith Leyster, Dutch Golden Age painter.
47. The War Between Us- Historical Romance during WWII.
48. From Across the Room- Historical Romance set in late 19th Century and told in epistolary form.
49. What Girls Are Good For- Story of Nellie Bly.